At The Brooklyn Charter School, our “whole child” focus extends into the after-school hours as well. We currently offer several extracurricular activities and enrichment opportunities to our students:
- Family Institutes in English Language Arts, Mathematics and Test Taking, which enable our families to gain insight into the nature of the curriculum and how it is implemented at The Brooklyn Charter School. Families are also provided with on-going supports to help their children with home assignments and to meet the expectations of the classroom and standardized testing.
- The Study of Piano for students in grades K through 5. Provided by The Piano School of New York City, the program’s students perform in a recital at Jazz at Lincoln Center.
- Afro-Cuban Percussion Workshop and Brazilian Percussion Workshops for Grades 3 through 5 with world-renowned percussionists/educators Wilson “Chembo” Corniel and Victor Rendon along with the Frederick Douglass Academy-Harlem Samba. Each of these workshops culminates in a performance during our end-of-year celebration.
- Jazz vocal workshop with the incomparable Charenee Wade.
- Karate for Grades K through 5 to help build discipline and strength.
- An after-school soccer program for students in all grades.